Just one of Africa’s greatest safari places, Chobe National Park is positioned in Botswana extremely in close proximity to where by 4 African nations (Botswana, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe) meet up with. In this checklist, we give you 10 explanations why you need to check out this great match and conservation region.
1. Chobe Countrywide Park is the 3rd greatest wildlife park in Botswana, but absolutely is the very best in the state and a person of the greatest in Africa.
2. The Chobe River which flows from Angola and into Botswana, in the northeast border of the park, is one of the key drinking water sources for the animals of Chobe. The waterfront hosts different water-loving birds and animals, and serves as a watering hole for the bush animals.
3. The park is house to awesome animals such as the buffalo, lion, leopard, elephant, crocodile, hippo, zebra, giraffe, lechwe, sable, impala, leopard, wildebeest, hyena, jackal, bushbuck, monkeys and baboons, furthermore a entire lot additional. It is the only position in Botswana the place you can see the in close proximity to threatened h2o-loving puku antelope in the wild.
4. You will come across 4 distinct ecosystems in just the nationwide park – river, swamp and seasonal marshland region, the woodlands and floodplains. This is why Chobe National Park has these types of a substantial diversity of flora and fauna and presents a special safari experience – certainly a person of the greatest in Africa.
5. Once-a-year animal migrations also give company to Chobe Countrywide Park an unforgettable wildlife experience (specially in the Savute Area).
6. Potentially the major elephant populace in Africa is identified in Chobe Countrywide Park, numbering 50 000.
7. Irrespective of whether it is Green or Substantial time, the location claims a magical knowledge. Concerning May and October (High Time) is the finest time for video game viewing as the bush is not extremely thick and animals tend to focus in soaked parts in research of water. Some time in November, nonetheless, the rains begin to fall and the bush goes from dry savannah to lush dense woodlands and wetlands. This Environmentally friendly Period is the time when the child animals drop in their countless numbers.
8. The town of Kasane is just 10 minutes absent from the entrance to nationwide park, and is the gateway into the place with Kasane Airport within arrive at. The border to Zambia is to the north and the Kazungula border with Zimbabwe is to the east, both equally border posts are significantly less than 10 kilometres from Kasane city.
9. Things to do in Chobe Nationwide Park consist of game drives, river cruises, fishing, photographic safaris, tenting, and fowl viewing. For the more remote destinations, fly-in safaris are a far better and more rapidly option. For all those who wish to undertaking nearby, a visit to the croc farm, a cultural village tour, or a spherical of golfing at Mowana in Kasane are pursuits that are effortlessly obtainable. A single of the seven normal miracles of the earth, the Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe), is just an hour’s generate from Chobe. There are loads of things to do on supply there way too.
10. Wonderful luxurious lodging is out there all above Chobe Nationwide Park (other than in the Nogatsaa space), as well as in close by in Kasane. These contain Ngoma Safari and Muchenje lodges in the west in Chobe Forest Reserve, Chobe Match Lodge inside the park alone, and Chobe Safari and Cresta Mowana lodges in Kasane town.